(To apply click here .)
Teachers of elementary, middle and high schools can apply to attend five (5) courses in Energy Systems. Those who complete each of these courses will receive a Continuing Education Certificate. Each course is comprised of 40 hours of lecture and practice, for a total of 200 hours.
The topics of the courses are:
- Introduction to Energy Systems
- Management of Energy Systems
- Fossil Energy Systems
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Practice course with students of the Pre-engineering Summer Camp at Universidad del Turabo
Courses will be offered between June 15 and July 20 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Universidad del Turabo, in Gurabo, Puerto Rico.
The selected teachers will receive, free of charge:
• The opportunity to participate in research and professional development projects under the guidance of experts in the energy field.
• Materials to be used in the classroom for teaching energy systems.
• A stipend of $50 for each day of attendance for teachers who complete the program.
• Be an active teacher in sciences, math, technical or vocational (STEM), of an elementary, middle or high school.
• Complete all five (5) courses to receive the stipend.
Those interested should upload the following documents on or before Monday, May 14, 2018 (extended deadline):
• An essay, of at least 500 words, describing how these courses will help at improving the learning process of their students.
• Updated resume.
Selected teachers will be notified by May 25, 2018.
To apply click here .