Date: Mondays through Fridays from June 6 to July 3, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Four (4) weeks’ summer bridge program that will emphasize the development of competencies in Mathematics, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, and English. Participants will learn about energy and energy systems, and the challenges presented by human needs in the 21st century.
The application process is now open for 9th to 12th grade students.
To apply (see Requirements and Application documents below).
- Prepare student for university work
- Exposition to formal courses (curricular component), seminars and workshops
- Four-week stipend ("el campamento es libre de costo; al estudiante se le paga un estipendio al finalizar las 4 semanas")
- At least two field trips to energy or science projects
- Professional development seminars
- Be a student in good standing (students are not required to study engineering but should have an interest in sciences or engineering).
- GPA (grade point average) of at least 3.50 / 4.0 ("por lo menos 3.50 de promedio acumulativo").
- Devote, during Monday through Friday, 6.5 hours from June 6 to July 3 (4 weeks), except for the 11th grade students, who once a week must attend an additional 1-hr seminar.
- Attend all courses and seminars and be on-time and participative.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Work under the direction and supervision of a faculty
- Ability to contribute in a team environment
- Prepare presentations in one topic of energy based on literature research
- Prepare and submit a report
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
(Continued support is subjected to performance evaluations.)
- Fill out the 1-page application here.
- Write a 1-page essay (must be in English, no less then 500 and no more than 750 words) discussing why do you want to participate in the Pre-Engineering Summer Camp, what do you expect to gain out of the experience, and how the experience will help you attain your academic goals and career plans.
- Copy of Official transcripts (GPA evidence).
- Updated one-page curriculum vitae (CV) resume.
- Parents need to sign authorization for the student’s participation.
- Open to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
Submit PDF or JPEG files of these documents, via the web application.
Documents and application must be submitted no later than Monday, April 1, 2019.