Teachers of elementary, middle and high schools can apply to attend five (5) courses in Energy Systems. Those who complete each of these courses will receive a Continuing Education Certificate. Each course is comprised of 40 hours of lecture and practice, for a total of 200 hours.
The topics of the courses and dates are: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Universidad del Turabo, in Gurabo, Puerto Rico.
- Introduction to Energy Systems (Saturdays, January 26, 2018 to February 2, 9, 16, and 23, 2019)
- Management of Energy Systems (Saturdays, March 9, 16, 23, 30 and April 6, 2019)
- Fossil Energy Systems (Weekdays, June 10 to 14, 2019)
- Renewable Energy Systems (Weekdays, June 17 to 21, 2019)
- Practice course with students of the Pre-engineering Summer Camp at Universidad del Turabo (Weekdays, June 27 to July 3, 2019)
The selected teachers will receive, free of charge:
• The opportunity to participate in research and professional development projects under the guidance of experts in the energy field.
• Materials to be used in the classroom for teaching energy systems.
• A stipend of $50 for each day of attendance for teachers who complete the program.
• Be an active teacher in sciences, math, technical or vocational (STEM), of an elementary, middle or high school.
• Complete all five (5) courses to receive the stipend.
Those interested should upload the following documents on or before December 15, 2018:
• An essay, of at least 500 words, describing how these courses will help at improving the learning process of their students (it might be in Spanish)
• Updated resume.
Selected teachers will be notified by December 21, 2018
In order to apply please complete the following form and submit the required documents: